We can all use some good advice from time to time.
1. You can overcome your past, no matter how bad it is. Letting go. “Life appears to me too short to be spent in nursing animosity or registering wrongs.”
2. “Your will shall decide your destiny.” You can do whatever you want to do. It is up to you, and how much you really want something determines whether or not it will happen.
3. Tell the guy you want to date him already! Just ask him out. It will be a lot less painful than pining away in silence.
4. Loving and respecting yourself is essential, and is the key to independence. Care for yourself
5. Be positive. Stop feeling sorry for yourself.
6. Don’t ever let anyone tell you you can’t do something just because you’re a woman.
7. You are stronger than you think. No matter what happens to you, you will find a way to overcome; as humans, we are resilient. We bounce back.
8. “Most true is it that ‘beauty is in the eye of the gazer. Stop obsessing with your looks.
9. The possibilities for life are endless for those who take risks. Don’t be afraid to take chances.
10. Don’t be afraid to speak your mind. Sometimes confrontation is the key to letting go. It is much better to talk about things than to harbor unspoken resentments.
11. If you choose to get married, do so only for love. Jane Eyre doesn’t think you should settle for anything less than true love. She’d rather be alone than marry someone who is not her kindred spirit. She states, “…I do not want a stranger–unsympathizing, alien, different from me; I want my kindred: those with whom I have full fellow-feeling.”